Homer L. Dodge Department of Physics & Astronomy Scholarship Application
The Homer L. Dodge Department of Physics and Astronomy provides a number of academic scholarships to students majoring in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Engineering Physics, and Physics. By completing this application, the scholarship committees will consider all scholarships for which you qualify. Scholarship decisions are based on both merit and need. A GPA of 3.0 or higher is necessary to be considered for these scholarships.
More information about the specific scholarships is available at:
Physics Department website.
- Supplemental Questions
- Semester and year you started major:
- Year in major (e.g., second)
- What is your major GPA? (after Fall 2018):
- Briefly summarize any relevant research activities related to your major and any departmental or student related activities (e.g., SPS)
- List the scholarships and tuition waivers you currently have by name, and the total award amount per year. Indicate if the scholarship will continue next year or if you can reapply for it.
- List the physics, math, and engineering courses you anticipate taking in the Fall 2019 semester:
- List the physics, math, and engineering courses that you plan to take or are taking during the Spring 2020 semester:
- Provide a detailed statement of your financial need.
- Show 3 more