Department of Geography and Environmental Sustainability Scholarship Application
This application is for Department of Geography and Environmental Sustainability students only.
Please answer the questions on this application to be considered for DGES scholarships. There are DGES scholarship opportunities outside of the ones listed on this application and ALL DGES students will be considered for the other scholarship opportunities based on academics, classification, etc. The scholarships listed on this application require specific criteria to be eligible.
- Please visit the DGES website for important scholarship criteria and application information.
- Please be aware that all scholarship application materials are subject to OU’s Academic Integrity Policy.
- Please note, the opportunities listed below do not represent an exclusive list of all funding available from DGES, just those funds managed in the form of scholarships. The department also has awards for teaching, travel, publication as well as outstanding capstone presentation. These awards are managed by a nomination process within the faculty.
- Supplemental Questions
- Attach a resume or C.V. (include any of the following that apply): work experience, volunteer work, internships, academic organizations, fraternities/sororities, past scholarships & awards, etc.)
- Please check the scholarships that you wish to be considered for below. Your student information will be verified and your application will be reviewed by the scholarship committee. There are additional DGES scholarship opportunities outside of the ones listed below and ALL DGES students will be considered for the other scholarship opportunities based on academics, classification. etc.
- Compose a statement on how your education has been and will be financed. Please explain the importance of a scholarship to your financial needs related to your undergraduate or graduate work and your career goals. Address any special circumstances as to why a scholarship might be helpful to you. (Please answer in 300 words or less.)
Please include any additional information that could help us make financial need-based scholarship decisions, including if you are self-supporting (paying for college without parental or third-party assistance), a first-generation college student, eligible for diversity and/or multicultural scholarships, or you are a non-traditional student.