Melvin B. Tolson Scholarship Application
The Melvin B. Tolson Scholarship is in honor of Dr. Tolson’s legacy on campus. It is open to all majors and available for all full-time OU undergraduate students to apply.
- Must have 24 credit hours and a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be a full-time OU student
- Must submit a current resume
- Must submit 250-word minimum/500-word maximum essay
Scholarship Awards: Two scholarship award of $250.00 per year given.
- Supplemental Questions
- Provide a detailed statement of your financial need.
- Please attach a resume (include any of the following that apply): work experience, volunteer work, internships, academic organizations, fraternities/sororities, past scholarships & awards, etc.)
- Consider Dr. Melvin B. Tolson Jr.’s contributions to the University of Oklahoma: In what way, does his achievement impact the current student body, faculty, staff and you specifically? (250-word minimum/500-word maximum)